Flashing a stock firmware becomes essential if want to restore a bricked device or want to return to stock experience. Today, I’ve got a software called MSM Download Tool that helps to flash stock firmware on Oppo, Realme, or Oneplus devices. Moreover, it is pre-activated and doesn’t require a serial key to work.
So keep reading to find the latest and updated version of the MSM download tool in 2020. I’ll also provide a complete step-by-step procedure on restoring a device along with other features.
What is MSM Download Tool?
MSM Download Tool is an official software that allows Oppo and Realme phone owners to flash stock firmware on their devices. The latest version of this tool is available for Windows PC only. You’ll also need corresponding (Mediatek or Qualcomm) USB drivers installed on your machine to detect the Android device.
Despite having a straightforward procedure to use this tool; there are certain things that should be taken care of. Below are some prerequisites to ensure the perfect working of the MSM Download tool for Oppo and Realme devices.
- Charge your device at least 60%.
- You’ll need a Windows machine for this task.
- Make sure to use a decent USB cable to connect your device. (A loosen cable can break the connection)
- Install MediaTek or Snapdragon USB drivers according to your device’s processor.
- Make sure to take a backup of your phone’s data.
MSM Download Tool Information
|Name||MSM Tool For Oppo|
|Required Device Company||Oppo, Realme|
How To Install MSM Download Tool On Windows?
Step #1. Download the Setup Files from the link mentioned above.
Step #2. Next up, install the PDANet.exe, CodeMeterControl.exe file on your machine.
Step #3. Launch the Code Meter Control Center and select the license file. It will show up the “Activated” message.
Step #4. You’ve successfully activated MSM Tool.
Steps To Flash Stock ROM On Oppo Devices
Step #1. Download the stock firmware file for your device and extract it in C Drive of your PC.
Step #2. Copy the MSMDownloadTool V3.0.exe file into the same folder and run it as an admin.
Step #3. Turn off your Oppo phone and put it in the Fastboot mode by long-pressing the power+volume down button.
Step #4. Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
Step #5. Now load the firmware into the MSM Download Tool and click on the Start button once the device is detected.
Step #6. You’ll see a “Download Complete” message on a successful flash.
Errors You Could Encounter And How To Solve Them!
- Start button doesn’t work – If the Start button won’t start flashing the Stock ROM, simply restart the tool.
- Connection Timeout or Flash Fail – Make sure the stock firmware and MSM.exe are on the same drive.
- Device not found – Make sure you’re using a decent quality cable that doesn’t get loosen up.
- Device not detected in MSM Tool – Make sure you’ve compatible drivers installed on your machine.
That’s it. I recommend you follow the full procedure by taking note of every step precisely as not paying attention to small things mess things up sometimes. Also, if you encounter any issues feel free to comment in the section below and we’ll help.